Application for the 2023-2024 School Year
The CPFF Foundation is proud to announce a scholarship program named after CPFF leader and mentor Randy Atkinson. The foundation was started under his presidency and his impact on Colorado’s firefighters will never be forgotten. The scholarship program is designated for the children/dependents and grandchildren of all members and active retired members of the CPFF.
The CPFF Foundation will be offering ten one-time scholarships of $5,000 each for the 2023 - 2024 academic school year.
- Applicant’s parent/guardian or grandparent must be a member (or active retired member) in good standing of the Colorado Professional Fire Fighters Association.
- Applicants must be entering an institution of higher learning (Junior College, College, University or Technical/Trade School) in the Fall of 2023 or Spring of 2024.
- OR The applicant may also be a current student of an institution of higher learning.
- Submit a completed application (Attached Below)
- His/Her High School or College Transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 1-2 page essay answering the topic below (should be between 500 to 1000 words)
- “Firefighting requires firefighters to learn and apply firefighting techniques, follow policies and procedures developed by their fire departments and follow the directions given to them by their Officers (supervisors). All these items must be carried out simultaneously all while working together with as a team and with other teams to mitigate the emergency scene. Provide an example of a time in your life where you had to follow procedures, rules and or policies while under the direction of a supervisor to accomplish a task or goal while working as a team. Discuss your role in the team and how that role helped improve the performance of the team in completing the task/goal.”
Submission & Process:
- The completed application, resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and essay must be combined into a single .pdf document and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications not submitted on a single .pdf document will be disqualified.
- The deadline to submit applications is before midnight on July 31, 2023
- The top 15 candidates will be required to participate in an interview with C.P.F.F. Foundation Board Members to determine the final award recipients.
- Interviews will take place in September via Zoom.
- The Board of Directors of the CPFF Foundation