Randall Atkinson Memorial Academic Scholarships
The CPFF Foundation is proud to announce a scholarship program named after CPFF leader and mentor Randy Atkinson. The foundation was started under his presidency and his impact on Colorado’s firefighters will never be forgotten. The CPFF Foundation will be offering ten scholarships of $2500 each for the 2021 – 2022 academic school year. The scholarship program is designated for the children/dependents and grandchildren of all members and active retired members of the CPFF.
The application period for 2021 – 2022 is open!
- Applicant’s parent/guardian or grandparent must be a member (or active retired member) in good standing of the Colorado Professional Fire Fighters Association.
- Applicants must be entering an institution of higher learning (Junior College, College, University or Technical/Trade School) in the Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022. The applicant may also be a current student of an institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must-
- Submit a completed application (attached)
- His/Her transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 1-2 page essay answering the question (should be between 500 to 1000 words)
- “Fire Fighters experience tragic events regularly, which can take a toll on them and their families. Please discuss the importance of Mental Wellness for Public Safety workers and why Mental Wellness is important for everyone.”
- The completed application, resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and essay must be combined into a single .pdf document and submitted electronically to email@example.com.
- Applications not submitted on a single .pdf document will be disqualified.
- The deadline to submit applications is before midnight on October 31st, 2021.
Scholarship Committee – The Board of Directors of the CPFF Foundation