Randall Atkinson Memorial Academic Scholarships
The CPFF Foundation is proud to announce a scholarship program named after CPFF leader and mentor Randy Atkinson. The foundation was started under his presidency and his impact on Colorado’s firefighters will never be forgotten. The CPFF Foundation will be offering ten scholarships of $1500 each for the 2020 – 2021 academic school year. The scholarship program is designated for the children/dependents and grandchildren of all members and active retired members of the CPFF.
The application period for 2020 – 2021 is open!
- Applicant’s parent/guardian or grandparent must be a member (or active retired member) in good standing of the Colorado Professional Fire Fighters Association.
- Applicants must be entering an institution of higher learning (Junior College, College, University or Technical/Trade School) in the Fall of 2020 or Spring of 2021. The applicant may also be a current student of an institution of higher learning.
- Applicants must-
- Submit a completed application (attached)
- His/Her transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 1-2 page essay answering the question (should be between 500 to 1000 words)
- “2020 has been a challenging year for everyone. An international pandemic, a broad range of social issues, and financial concerns have created obstacles in all facets of life. Please discuss one of these challenges that you see your community facing and how you believe firefighters in your community could provide support in these challenging times”.
- The completed application, resume, transcripts, letters of recommendation, and essay must be combined into a single .pdf document and submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications not submitted on a single .pdf document will be disqualified.
- The deadline to submit applications is on September 20th, 2020.
Scholarship Committee – The Board of Directors of the CPFF Foundation